Sunday, May 11, 2014

So the other day I was seeing a patient, and in the same room, the nurse says: "Doctor, the father of my patient is seizing."

Immediately springing into action:









After my mind raced to find ANY sort of info from medical school regarding seizures, all I can come up with is: 'You should probably call a code or something...' Which of course, I thought was...











In the meantime, I figured maybe a sternal rub or something would break it, which felt like the equivalent of...














(And in retrospect, I think I was thinking of a PSVT)
More nurses have by now gathered, and one of them not so quitely yells out 'Doctor, what would you like to give?!"













So I just kind of made sure he didn't break anything and cause a real orthopedic consult.....


And luckily, that's about when the code team showed up....




No comments:

Post a Comment